[omniORB] Problem with Persistent POA

Igor Lautar igor.lautar at hermes-softlab.com
Thu Oct 29 14:14:50 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 29 October 2009 14:01:54 srinath duraisamy wrote:
> I am creating a POA with PERSISTENT policy and activating a servant in that
> POA. Also I am binding that servant into Naming Service. On the client side
> I am getting the reference to the object from the Naming Serive and method
> invocation works.
>
> Since Server POA is with PERSISTENT policy the reference of the object
> should be valid even server gets restarted. But when I restart the server
> and call a method with the same reference, I am getting the COMM_FAILURE
> exception.
>
> Have any one faced this error with omniorb ? or correct me if my
> understanding is wrong.

So you're trying to achieve that your IOR are not changing when service is
restarted?

The only way to do it with omniORB (others, correct me if I'm wrong) is to use
omniINSPOA. Actually, we use it in that way and there is no need for naming
service then (as corbaloc URI can be used instead).

Regards,
Igor