[omniORB] Problem with Persistent POA

srinath duraisamy mail2srinathd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:31:54 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I am creating a POA with PERSISTENT policy and activating a servant in that
POA. Also I am binding that servant into Naming Service. On the client side
I am getting the reference to the object from the Naming Serive and method
invocation works.

Since Server POA is with PERSISTENT policy the reference of the object
should be valid even server gets restarted. But when I restart the server
and call a method with the same reference, I am getting the COMM_FAILURE
exception.

Have any one faced this error with omniorb ? or correct me if my
understanding is wrong.

Thanks and regards
Srinath.D