[omniORB] Network performance

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Nov 10 18:50:38 GMT 2007

On Saturday 10 November, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> What kind of absolute times do you get for your calls?

By the way, I did some quick tests on some not very fast hardware, doing
simple calls that sent and received an empty string. On a single
machine, with normal two-way calls, I got 20000 calls per second with
the TCP transport and 40000 calls per second with the Unix domain socket
transport. For oneway calls, where the effects of round-trip latency are
removed, I got 125000 calls per second with TCP and 175000 with Unix
sockets.

Between two machines, on a 100Mbit network, two-way calls were 7200
calls per second and oneways were 110000 per second.

How does that compare with your numbers?