[omniORB] How to compile omniorbpy 3 on Windows?

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Tue Dec 5 07:18:34 GMT 2006

On Saturday 2 December, "Olaf Meding" wrote:

> Q1. How do I compile omniorbpy 3.0 on Windows?  The readme.txt file
> seems to talk only about how to do this on Unix.  Unfortenuately, I
> can not use the binary because I need to use Python 2.3.5. (not Python
> 2.4).

It says this in README.txt:

"
If you do not have Autoconf support on your platform, you must install
the omniORBpy source in the $TOP/src/lib directory of a working
omniORB 4.1 tree. Then, in the $TOP/src/lib/omniORBpy directory,
simply do a gnumake export.
"

> Would it be enough to copy the omniorbpy source code to top\src\lib
> and then execute a "make export" in top\src?  Or perhaps a "make
> export" in top\src\lib\omniORBpy-3.0?

Yes, you should do make export in the omniORBpy directory, in the same
tree you set up for building omniORB. What goes wrong when you do?  The
same cl issue, or did you fix that?

> Q2. I assume I can not use the omniorb Python to compile omniorbpy?

Well, you can, but that's not what you want because the omniORB minimal
Python is an ancient Python 1.5.2.