[omniORB] compiling omniORB-4.0.7 on XP -- Assertion failure

OKeeffe, Michael K MOKEEFFE at amfam.com
Tue Dec 5 09:28:16 GMT 2006

But if you follow the threads, it seems Ji-Yong's issue was mixing versions (debug/static and static/dll):

"I linked Microsoft static run-time library against omniNames.exe, =
but I linked omniORB3 and omniDynamic3 against run-time dynamic =
libraries.  It seems that this was causing problems.  Apparently, all =
linkages must be performed against dynamic libraries or all must be =
linked against static libraries..

    This likely was the cause of creating multiple heaps and the =
assertion failure.  (I have not had opportunities to check things out =
fully, but this is the most likely thing -- of course, if not, then, I =
will have to retract my apology).

    I suppose the MSVC's assertion failure did point out the problem -- =
only the problem turned out to be mine.  Basically, I had to reset the =
linker options so that ALL modules linked against MSVCRTD.DLL."

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/1999-November/014094.html

These e-mails suggest the same:
http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/1999-November/014110.html

http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/1999-December/014404.html