[omniORB] omni-thread initialization

David.Chung@USPTO.GOV David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:50:53 -0400

	I have the following question about omniORB.

	(1) Is it possible to have omniORB use some derived class of
omni_thread to perform connection management, without modifying and
recompiling the source code for omniORB?

	(2) I believe omni_threads (those used for connection management) in
omniORB are initialized once.  Is it possible to change initialization
(without disturbing
the existing ORB code) so that the threads have additional thread local
storage?  In other words, is it possible to place a call to a function like
"AllocateThreadLocalStorage()"
in some potential initialization path for the connection threads without
modifying the source code for the ORB?

	I would like the connection management threads to have additional
local storage for my use, but I do not want to modify the source code for
ORB.