[omniORB] IDL compiler SOLARIS -- LINUX

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
05 Mar 1999 19:40:19 +0000

> Hello, these are the idl files that compile well on Linux, but not on
> Solaris. Well, in fact it's only the inettla_tcpip.idl file that gives
> problems on Solaris, the rest is perfect.

> thnx for looking at it, but if it's possible not to distribute these idl's
> because we've written these ourself, thnx.

Your idl file has this:

-- file inettla_tcpip.idl ---

#include "inetla.idl"

Somehow your inettla.idl does not have a newline at the end of file.
If you add the newline inettla_tcpip.idl compiles OK on Solaris.

Don't ask me why the lack of a newline at the end of file is causing the
problem. I suspect there is a bug in the solaris scanf library.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com