[omniORB] IDL compiler SOLARIS -- LINUX

Saroj Mahapatra saroj@Bear.COM
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:57:06 -0500

Sai-Lai Lo wrote:

> > Hello, these are the idl files that compile well on Linux, but not on
> > Solaris. Well, in fact it's only the inettla_tcpip.idl file that gives
> > problems on Solaris, the rest is perfect.
>
> > thnx for looking at it, but if it's possible not to distribute these idl's
> > because we've written these ourself, thnx.
>
> Your idl file has this:
>
> -- file inettla_tcpip.idl ---
>
> #include "inetla.idl"

> Somehow your inettla.idl does not have a newline at the end of file.
> If you add the newline inettla_tcpip.idl compiles OK on Solaris.
>
> Don't ask me why the lack of a newline at the end of file is causing the
> problem. I suspect there is a bug in the solaris scanf library.

The C standard (and hence C preprocessor) requires that each source file
must end with a newline.  It has nothing to do with scanf.

-- Saroj Mahapatra

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.