[omniORB] POA

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:33:08 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 Richard.Bowen@barclayscapital.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the plans are for the POA in omniORB? We're just
> starting a new project and I don't want to write to the BOA.
>
> I had given up hope that the POA would ever come out for omniORB and we'd be
> stuck with 6.5 MB of TAO dlls, but the message below gives me hope, is this
> something that is planned for release within the next 12 months?

Very much so.  I am planning to release an alpha version sometime in the
next few weeks -- unless something goes horribly wrong!

The initial version will be missing a couple of features -- namely
'AdapterActivator's, and PortableServer::Current.  These will be
implemented in a later release.  I don't think they are very important
for most projects.

Cheers,
David