[omniORB] Binding omniORB to a specific address

Sylvain Gault sylvain.gault at inria.fr
Mon Aug 19 19:39:55 BST 2013

Hello,

In my platform, there are several interfaces that can access the same
network.
Namely, ib0:1 with an address in 10.0.0.0/8 and ib0 with address an
address in 172.18.0.0/16.
The routing is done so that ib0:1 is routed through ib0.
However, although the destination addresse is also in 10.0.0.0/8,
omniORB prefer to use ib0 directly to reach the other node.
Is there a way to bind omniORB to a specific address or interface so
that the source address of the messages would be in 10.0.0.0/8?

This is important because I'm planing to put some bandwidth restriction
on ib0:1 instead of ib0 directly. This would allow me to run several
processes on the same node with several ib0:X interfaces.

Regards,
Sylvain Gault