[omniORB] Binding omniORB to a specific address

Sylvain Gault sylvain.gault at inria.fr
Tue Aug 20 00:15:56 BST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 08:39:55PM +0200, Sylvain Gault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my platform, there are several interfaces that can access the same
> network.
> Namely, ib0:1 with an address in 10.0.0.0/8 and ib0 with address an
> address in 172.18.0.0/16.
> The routing is done so that ib0:1 is routed through ib0.
> However, although the destination addresse is also in 10.0.0.0/8,
> omniORB prefer to use ib0 directly to reach the other node.
> Is there a way to bind omniORB to a specific address or interface so
> that the source address of the messages would be in 10.0.0.0/8?
>
> This is important because I'm planing to put some bandwidth restriction
> on ib0:1 instead of ib0 directly. This would allow me to run several
> processes on the same node with several ib0:X interfaces.

Additional information:
This is also required since I'm trying to simulate a star network with a
limited bandwidth on the router. And the packets gets routed through the
router only if their destination address is in the network 10.0.0.0/8.
Which means that currently, when host A connect to host B, the source
and destination addresses are in 172.18.0.0/16 and 10.0.0.0/8
respectively. Thus, the response packets from host B do not go through
the router. Which is quite bad.

Regards,
Sylvain Gault