[omniORB] Random connectivity Issues

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Aug 28 11:26:45 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 18:28 +0000, William Boehm wrote:

> We are running OmniOrb 4.1.4 on Solaris and are having some random
> connectivity issues after our nightly bounce. Our system is makeup of
> a number of C++ modules using OmniOrb and a number of JAVA 1.6 modules
> using the JAVA implementation of CORBA and we are using the JAVA
> transient naming service.
[...]

It's not clear from your description what part of the system fails, and
in what way. Without more details it's impossible to say what the
problem might be.

You will probably get some useful information if you run all the omniORB
parts with lots of tracing on:

-ORBtraceLevel 25 -ORBtraceInvocations 1 -ORBtraceThreadId 1
-ORBtraceTime 1