[omniORB] Configure InitRef and DefaultInitRef from shell

Luca Gherardi luca.gherardi at unibg.it
Wed May 16 11:33:48 BST 2012

Hi all,

is there a way for configuring the InitRef and the DefaultInitRef from the shell? I'm looking for something like "export ORBInitRef = NameService=corbaname::MY_IP".
I need it for configuring these variables from a script and not from the configuration file, since the IP address of the machine where I will run the NameService is not fixed.

Moreover is it possible to start the NameService by default with this parameters: omniNames -ignoreport -start -always -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:YOUR_IP:2809 ?

Sorry if I'm asking something strange or stupid but I'm new with omniOrb.

Thank you,
Luca

Luca Gherardi
PhD Student at University of Bergamo
Dept. of Information Technology and Mathematics
V.le Marconi, 5 - 24044 Dalmine, Italy
Tel +39 333 8396279
Home: http://www.lucagherardi.it