[omniORB] Configure InitRef and DefaultInitRef from shell

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed May 16 13:29:13 BST 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 10:33 +0200, Luca Gherardi wrote:

> is there a way for configuring the InitRef and the DefaultInitRef from
> the shell? I'm looking for something like "export ORBInitRef =
> NameService=corbaname::MY_IP".

Yes, you can do exactly that. See

  http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni41/omniORB/omniORB004.html#toc19

Having said that, there's nothing special about the object reference
given to ORBInitRef. You can just as easily pass a corbaname URI to
orb->string_to_object and not bother registering it as an initial
reference at all.

> Moreover is it possible to start the NameService by default with this
> parameters: omniNames -ignoreport -start -always -ORBendPoint
> giop:tcp:YOUR_IP:2809 ?

Yes, you can start omniNames like that, but what are you trying to
achieve by doing so?  omniNames by default listens on all network
interfaces, so you don't need to pin down which one it uses.