[omniORB] Beginner question: how do I...?

Naveen Chawla naveen.chwl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 06:35:15 BST 2010

Can I set up a two-way communication using the same object? e.g. a
Java program calls a method on the object whose implementation is on a
C++ program. And the C++ program can call a method on the same object
whose implementation is in the Java program?

If so, how in a nutshell would I achieve this?

Secondly, can I have more than one "server" instance of that same
object, so that a method call from a client activates the method on
more than one server at a time? e.g. client says "sayHello()", then
the "sayHello()" method is activated on server 1, server 2, and server
3 all at the same time? (client and servers are all on the same
computer, just in separate processes)

If not, how would I achieve such a system? So, what, in total, would I
need to do for it to work properly?