[omniORB] use SSL to resolve initial references

Christian Hoffmann chrmhoffmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:54:00 BST 2010

Hi,

I linked omniNames and nameclt to omnisslTP4 lib and I can run both (I see
ORBssl* parameters). I wonder how I can configure the InitRef for the
NameService to use ssl? Is there a way to specifiy the transport?

In my orb.conf:

InitRef = NameService=corbaname::myhost.mydomain:2809
endPoint = giop:unix:
         = giop:tcp::
	 = giop:ssl::

clientTransportRule = *	ssl
serverTransportRule = *	tcp,ssl

If I run nameclt list, I get:

omniORB: Initial reference `NameService' resolved from configuration file.
omniORB: throw TRANSIENT from giopRope.cc:342
(NO,TRANSIENT_NoUsableProfile)
omniORB: throw TRANSIENT from omniObjRef.cc:823
(NO,TRANSIENT_NoUsableProfile)
Caught a TRANSIENT exception when trying to validate the type of the
NamingContext. Is the naming service running?
omniORB: ORB not destroyed; no final clean-up.

I wonder how I can specify InitRef to force SSL usage. If I directly put
the "IOR:xxxxxx" in, it works.

Thanks in advance,
Chris