[omniORB] Asymmetrical Comm_failure

Aida Fátima Cano aida.cano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:51:44 GMT 2007

Hello

I have two proccess working each one as server of the other one.

Normally, both of them can access each other, but if I start process A when
its TCP connection is not working (I dissconnect it on porpouse to probe its
behaivour) Process A gets the services of proccess B, but Process B doesn't
get the services of A.

If I disconnect the TCP connection of the PC in which proccess B runs, both
of them can get the services of the other.

Is there some way to know if proccess A is not offering its services or if
process B is not getting the reference? I have estructure the code in both
of them in the same way, so I don't know why the result is different if I
disconnect one or the other.

In omninames log, it is the process B the one who gets a COMM_FAILURE when
calling an A service, and A its getting B services at the same time without
exceptions.

Thanks