[omniORB] Asymmetrical Comm_failure

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Tue Feb 20 14:20:19 GMT 2007

> I have two proccess working each one as server of the other one.
>
> Normally, both of them can access each other, but if I start
> process A when its TCP connection is not working (I
> dissconnect it on porpouse to probe its behaivour) Process A
> gets the services of proccess B, but Process B doesn't get
> the services of A.
>
> If I disconnect the TCP connection of the PC in which
> proccess B runs, both of them can get the services of the other.

Sorry, I don't get this. You have process A running on one PC and process B running on a second PC, right ?

> In omninames log, it is the process B the one who gets a
> COMM_FAILURE when calling an A service, and A its getting B
> services at the same time without exceptions.

How can that be possible ? If you don't have a network connection between A and B, how can A access B's services ? Are you sure that A is connected to B and not to itself ? Perhaps you provided the same service reference/IOR (namely A's) to both process A and B ?

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark