[omniORB] RE: C++ Echo examples of the omniORB user's guide

debutant michel.dupront at hotmail.fr
Wed Feb 21 05:34:02 GMT 2007

> I feel that I have to mention here that I am beginner with
> omniORB and also programming languages.
>
> So I managed to install omniORB and to make run the python
> Echo examples.
>
> But when it regards C++ Echo examples, I have problems to compile the
> differents files.
> It would be really kind if an omniORB user could help me by
> telling me how to proceed.
> I installed omniORB on a Linux platfom and I am using the gcc
> compiler.

Hi Michel.

First of all, take a look at the README.unix file in your omniorb source
directory. Basically, what you need to do is

  cd omniORB-4.x.x/
  mkdir build
  cd build
  ../configure
  make
  make install

To build the echo examples

  cd omniORB-4.x.x/build/src/examples/echo
  make

Hope this gets you started.

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark

Hello Jan,

I want to thank you very much for your answer ! It helped me a lot.
When I said that I managed to install omniORB, exactly it meant that it had
been installed automatically as a tool for another software. I did not have
the examples and most of the documentation.
After reading your answer I got the examples and they work !
I am very happy.
Best regards
Michel