[omniORB] OmniOrb 4.0 initialization with 2 NICs?

Shawn LaMaster shawn at lamaster.com
Tue Oct 25 13:58:04 BST 2005

Greetings,
    We are doing some development with OmniOrb 4.0 for
connectivity to the Chicago Board of Options Exchange (CBOE).
We have run into a problem when we are trying to connect to the
back end host api (CMi) from a server that has two NIC interface
cards.
    The primary card in this machine routes to the Chicago
Mercantile Exchange (CME) and the secondary card routes to the
CBOE. It appears that when we bind and make a connection
through the secondary card to the CBOE with OmniOrb, it is
picking the ip address of the primary card by default and therefore
the CBOE rejects our connection because it thinks we are coming
from an invalid address.
    Is there someway to tell the OmniOrb to use the secnodary NIC
for all of it's initialization data - specifically I think the "hostname"?
Our service works fine in a machine with only one NIC.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
         Shawn LaMaster

We have traded the wisdom of the ancestors for
the superstition of science.