[omniORB] OmniOrb 4.0 initialization with 2 NICs?

Luke Deller ldeller at xplantechnology.com
Wed Oct 26 13:01:28 BST 2005

Hi Shawn,

>     We are doing some development with OmniOrb 4.0 for
> connectivity to the Chicago Board of Options Exchange (CBOE).
> We have run into a problem when we are trying to connect to the
> back end host api (CMi) from a server that has two NIC interface
> cards.
>     The primary card in this machine routes to the Chicago
> Mercantile Exchange (CME) and the secondary card routes to the
> CBOE. It appears that when we bind and make a connection
> through the secondary card to the CBOE with OmniOrb, it is
> picking the ip address of the primary card by default and therefore
> the CBOE rejects our connection because it thinks we are coming
> from an invalid address.
>     Is there someway to tell the OmniOrb to use the secnodary NIC
> for all of it's initialization data - specifically I think the "hostname"?
> Our service works fine in a machine with only one NIC.

Have you tried the endPoint configuration option?  It's described in the
sample configuration file shipped with omniORB, and you can also check
out the relevant docs:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/omni40/omniORB/omniORB008.html#toc41

> We have traded the wisdom of the ancestors for
> the superstition of science.

Wow, can these be traded on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange now?

Regards,
Luke.

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of XPlan Technology.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the
information provided before loading onto any computer system.
Xplan Technology does not warrant that the
information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.