[omniORB] Configuration parameters

Hofmann, Bernhard (Siemens EXT) bernhard.hofmann.ext at siemens.com
Mon Jul 4 12:11:19 BST 2005

Hi

I'm using omniORB 4.0.3 on Windows (XP Pro). I'm trying to override the
registry settings with either command line options, or environment
settings, but neither seem to work. The documentation doesn't specify
precedence for the setting of parameters. 4.1 (Setting Parameters)
states:

When CORBA::ORB_init() is called, the value for each configuration
parameter is searched for in the following order:
1. Command line arguments
2. ORB_init() options
3. Environment variables
4. Configuration file / Windows registry
5. Built-in defaults

I would assume from that, that command line arguments would override the
registry settings because I assume built-in defaults would be the lowest
priority. Is this correct?

I'm calling
	CORBA::ORB_init(m_nargc,m_argv)

m_nargc is 2

m_argv is
	char* m_argv[] = {"-ORBtraceLevel", "50"};

I even tried setting an environment variable before making the call, as
in:
	_putenv("ORBtraceLevel=10");

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Bernhard