[omniORB] Configuration parameters

Wernke zur Borg Wernke.zur.Borg at vega.de
Mon Jul 4 14:52:32 BST 2005

Hi Bernhard,

you wrote:

> I'm calling
> 	CORBA::ORB_init(m_nargc,m_argv)
>
> m_nargc is 2

I think m_nargc must be set to 3, as argv[0] is the program name by
convention.

Anyway I think this is not the way you're supposed to work. If you want to
pass arguments to ORB_init you should use the options array, as in:

const char* options [][2] = { { "traceLevel", "50" }, {0, 0} };
CORBA::ORB_init( argc, argv, "omniORB4", options );

If you want to use command line arguments, you should specify them on the
command line, not fiddle with them in your program.

> I even tried setting an environment variable before making
> the call, as
> in:
> 	_putenv("ORBtraceLevel=10");

I do not know enough about _putenv(), but again, if you want to use
environment variables you should set them into your environment.

Wernke