[omniORB] Fwd: How to make an application which is both an omniorb client and TAO server

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Thu Jul 1 07:42:18 BST 2004

> I understand that  an application can be compiled against "either"
> omniORB or TAO, but what I really don't know is how to compile
> against both simultaneously, which is the basic requirement of my
> application.

That is too bad, because I don't think you can do it. Perhaps you can
separate the two systems into two separate processes, and define a
(corba) interface between them.

Are you *really* sure that you can't merge those two apps under one ORB?
Header files are defined differently, but most other features are
(fairly) transparent between the two...

hth

                        - Tom