[omniORB] omniORB on .NET ?

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 18 11:15:45 GMT 2003

Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Monday 17 November, "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" wrote:
>

>>Just wondering where we are all left, when all Windows machines run .NET
>>?
>>
>>http://www.go-gen.com/GG_DE/products/freegee/modules/omniorb_html.html
>>
>>seems to claim that C# support in omniORB is in the works. Is that true
>>or shouldn't we hold our breaths ?
>

> If someone's working on C# support for omniORB, they didn't tell me.
>
> I don't speak German, but that page seems to list all the standard
> CORBA language mappings, not just the ones omniORB supports.

indeed. The text isn't quite clear, though; I had to parse it twice
to see that this particular paragraph addresses CORBA as a standard,
and isn't yet speaking of omniORB.
The next paragraph then states that work is being done to define
a C# mapping (again, this addresses the standard, not the omniORB).

FWIW,
		Stefan