[omniORB] omniORB on .NET ?

Lars von Wedel vonwedel at aixcape.org
Tue Nov 18 17:17:39 GMT 2003

Hello,

 > I don't know enough about C# and how (if?) it interfaces with C++, but
 > it's probably possible to do a C# mapping in the same way omniORBpy
 > provides a mapping for Python. It's not a small amount of work,
 > though. If you just want access to a few specific CORBA things, it's
 > probably quite easy to write code to map from C++ to a set of C#
 > things.

Interfacing to C is fairly easy in C#/.net, but C++ is more difficult as it
would have to go through COM. Maybe a C wrapper around certain things in
omniORB would be feasible.

What is roughly the part that would need to be done in C# for a minimal
protoype? Is it mostly type handling like marshalling and unmarshalling?

Lars