[omniORB] Object reference to stringified URI: can it be done?

matejkenda@volja.net matejkenda@volja.net
Tue Jan 7 12:56:00 2003

Yes, something in this form. I hoped that there is a portable way of getting
"human friendly" form (URI) of IOR, designed for any kind of transport, not only
using TCP/IP.

Information like that would be useful for support purposes for the application
that we develop.

> You won't find it in H&V, because it's not something you're meant to
> do in CORBA. Object references are opaque things, containing a lot
> more information than just the things that can be in a corbaloc URI.
> I think you should question whether it really is the right thing for
> you to be doing.
>
> That said, you can implement what you want using internal omniORB
> APIs. Look at the source of catior.

I need whatever-kind-of-URI for supportability pusposes only. They won't be
stored anywhere. I will take a look at the source code of catior. Thanks for the
tip.

Regards,

Matej