[omniORB] patch: support for compilation tuning using enviroment vars.

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 19 23:56:01 2002

Bastiaan Bakker wrote:

> Last thing I heard is that <packagename>-config is not l33t anymore, we
> all should use pkg-config (see
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/).
> Actually it *does* make sense to have one script and a bunch of config
> files rather than a whole lot almost identical scripts containing config
> data.

that's a point. However, these scripts are ridiculously simple, and I'd
prefer shipping my own any day as opposed to drag in a new dependency
to yet another external tool. Once such a 'pkgconfig' thing is part of
the autotools, I'll reconsider it. For now I prefer writing my own
script, and thus only relying on the existence of a shell.

Stefan