[omniORB] OmniORB and JAVAorb, trying to use corbaloc

Antoine Thierry athierry@alphacent.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:51:12 +0200

Thanks for answering Duncan

> You shouldn't do that. That tells the client to also try to start up
> on the same port. You only get away with it since you don't actually
> start the server. It might come back to bite you later.

That's ok .. i've removed the ORBInitialHost/Port parameters , but i always
have the same error : the connection seems to begin (my server says : connect
from <clientip>) but after i always get the omniConnectionBroken exception..
don't understand anything ...

for the server
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: unblock from accept()
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: accept new strand.
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: start.
connect from <clientip>
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: block on accept()
omniORB: throw omniConnectionBroken (minor 0) from giopServer.cc:400
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: #### Connection closed.
omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: exit.
omniORB: tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 8

for the client
Exception in thread "main" org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor
code: 210 completed: Maybe
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.purge_calls(IIOPConnection.java:438)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.MessageMediator.handleInput(MessageMediator.java:161)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.MessageBase.callback(MessageBase.java:720)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.MessageMediator.processRequest(MessageMediator.java:142)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.processInput(IIOPConnection.java:336)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ReaderThread.run(ReaderThread.java:60)

> Are you using the JDK built-in ORB?  The ORB in JDK 1.3 doesn't
> support corbaloc. The JDK 1.4 ORB does, as do most of the other Java
> ORBs. You shouldn't use ORBInitialHost/Port either -- they are
> obsolete, and don't have any bearing on the use of the corbaloc URI.

I'm Using the JDK 1.4-built-in ORB, because it's supposed to support corbaloc.
i'm going to try with orbacus .. to see if i got the same problem ..

Antoine