[omniORB] OmniORB and JAVAorb, trying to use corbaloc

Lars Nilsson lars@cymfony.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 12:10:26 -0400

Just out of curiousity, would making sure both omniORB and the Java ORB uses
the same IIOP protocal make any difference? Default IIOP version for
omniORB3 is 1.0 (I think), while the Java ORB gives you 1.2 (I think) if you
don't specify otherwise.. Perhaps that is causing some problem.

Lars

Antoine Thierry writes:
 > Thanks for answering Duncan
 >
 > > You shouldn't do that. That tells the client to also try to start up
 > > on the same port. You only get away with it since you don't actually
 > > start the server. It might come back to bite you later.
 >
 > That's ok .. i've removed the ORBInitialHost/Port parameters , but i
always
 > have the same error : the connection seems to begin (my server says :
connect
 > from <clientip>) but after i always get the omniConnectionBroken
exception..
 > don't understand anything ...
 >
 > for the server
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: unblock from accept()
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: accept new strand.
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: start.
 > connect from <clientip>
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Rendezvouser: block on accept()
 > omniORB: throw omniConnectionBroken (minor 0) from giopServer.cc:400
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: #### Connection closed.
 > omniORB: tcpSocketMTfactory Worker: exit.
 > omniORB: tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 8
 >
 > for the client
 > Exception in thread "main" org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN
minor
 > code: 210 completed: Maybe
 > at

com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.purge_calls(IIOPConnection.jav
a:438)
 > at

com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.MessageMediator.handleInput(MessageMediator.j
ava:161)
 > at

com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.MessageBase.callback(MessageBase.jav
a:720)
 > at

com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.MessageMediator.processRequest(MessageMediato
r.java:142)
 > at

com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.processInput(IIOPConnection.ja
va:336)