[omniORB] question on usage of omniORB

Attila Pletyak attila.pletyak@anemo.com
04 Mar 2002 23:11:36 +0100

Well, the question is quite interesting,
1) the using of IOR is really awkward, as you said
2) the use of naming service makes your life easy, but it can happen
that the naming service does not run or some other problems happens
3) in which case the corbaloc would make a good use for you. Actually
I've never used corbaloc uris, but when you are developping an
application for which you know on which host and port a server object
runs with which object id, making a corbaloc does the work of object
lookup for you.

BTW: The name server provided by omniORB is not for heavy loads, it can
be used in most situations, but if you have a very demanding
environment, I believe, corbaloc could do a better work. Duncan, please
correct me if I am wrong.

Sincerely,

Attila Pletyak

2002-03-04, h keltez=E9ssel Donna Maskell ezt =EDrta: