[omniORB] OmniORB In A Loop

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:28:11 -0000

Occassional I am getting into the situation that my when my client makes a
call into a server it hangs.  I've found that that it is looping around in a
call to tcpSocketStrand::ll_recv(void* buf, size_t sz) in
tcpSocketMTfactory.cc and the call that it makes to rx =
select(pd_socket+1,&fds,0,&efds,&t) takes about 5 seconds.  I've a feeling
that this might be happening as a result of a fault in the server, but I
don't know what.  I can make seperate connections to the server whilst this
is happening, so I know that it is generally ok.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks

David Hyde