[omniORB] Calling syslog from programs linking to libomniORB3.so (on Linux)

Sander Steffann steffann@nederland.net
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:48:50 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to use syslog from a program that links to libomniORB3.so, but
as soon as I link a program with omniORB, the calls to syslog don't work
anymore, and the messages are displayed on stdout or stderr (I don't know
for sure which one) instead of going to syslog.

I tried this with a small program that only calls syslog() and then exits.
When not linked with omniORB3, it works as expected, but when linked with
omniORB3 it doesn't.

Anybody any idea what can cause this (and how to solve it)?
Sander.