[omniORB] omniidl preproc option to preserve comments ?

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:44:39 +0000

On Tuesday 14 March, Richard Gruet wrote:

> Is there a specific option (eg a -Wpopt) that can be passed to omniidl
> to preserve comments ?
> I sometimes need to separately preprocess my IDL files (while preserving
> comments) before submitting them to omniidl, and it would be nice if I
> could use omniidl for that as well, rather than use an external preproc.

As long as you have a reasonably recent version of omniidl, there is a
-k flag which prevents comment stripping, so you can do

  omniidl -E -k foo.idl

to pre-process foo.idl without stripping comments. omniidl does its
pre-processing by forking omnicpp which is actually GNU cccp under
another name. You can run it directly with the -C flag to keep
comments.