[omniORB] omniidl preproc option to preserve comments ?

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:34:40 -0500

Richard Gruet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a specific option (eg a -Wpopt) that can be passed to omniidl
> to preserve comments ?

Two weeks ago I started writing a documentation generator which can handle
IDL files. I asked Duncan for comment parsing support in omniidl and got
a prompt help. The new omniidl has the option -k to integrate the comments
into the nodes of the generated AST. You may then visit that tree and extract
them. At least that's how my tool works. You may look at it's home page at

http://Synopsis.sourceforge.net/

It is written in python and is essentially a new backend to omniidl...

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal