[omniORB] connecting a java client to an omniORB3 server

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@web.de
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 22:14:51 +0100

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000 05:30:30 +0100, Jorge Garcia wrote:
>    I have done a c++ server using omniORB2 ( v3 ) and a Java client
>using CORBA from JavaSoft
>    (jdk 1.2.2) .

>     +  I got the answers in sequence, and  if I perform a 'ps afx'  I
>can see that only has been started
>         one thread in the server to answer the requests. Why the server
>only creates one thread to
>         process both calls ?.
Your Java-ORB most likely sends both requests on one connection, but omniORB
only supports a thread-per-connection model.

BTW, some time ago I've written a small patch for omniORB3 (19991112) which
tries to add a thread-per-request model to omniORB. It partly works but
isn't thoroughly tested yet. You can find it on
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~cmeerw/study/projprakt/
(http://lightning.prohosting.com/~cmeerw/files/omni3-19991112-thread.diff).

bye, Christof

--
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~cmeerw/

Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep until noon!