[omniORB] connecting a java client to an omniORB3 server

Jorge Garcia soft@mabyc.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 05:30:30 +0100

Hi,

    I have done a c++ server using omniORB2 ( v3 ) and a Java client
using CORBA from JavaSoft
    (jdk 1.2.2) .

    The server has an object with one service. This service has an
internal delay of 250 seconds.

    The client spawns 2 threads, each one executes at the same time the
same method call.

    I have the next questions:

      + If the server is using the default parameters, the timeout
should throw an exception because
         the time to answer the remote call is higher than the
CallTimeOutPeriod, but I got the correct
         method results. Why ?.

     +  I got the answers in sequence, and  if I perform a 'ps afx'  I
can see that only has been started
         one thread in the server to answer the requests. Why the server
only creates one thread to
         process both calls ?.

     +  Somebody know if I can set these parameters from a java client.

             omniORB::maxTcpConnectionPerServer
             omniORB::scanGranularity
             omniORB::idleConnectionScanPeriod
             omniORB::callTimeOutPeriod