[omniORB] Python Servers

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:23:06 -0400

   I believe this is a FAQ. Linux threads look rather like processes,
so when omniORB starts up its worker threads, ps will show several
copies of your python process. This is normal behavior.
   On the design end, is there any particular reason why you have
a separate process for each factory? Unless they have to deal with
some sort of process-global data, you should be able to have a
single process providing 27 different factory services.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories

In Message <39A16316.B1E0B38@tgflinux.com> ,
   Jared Lee Peterson <jared@tgflinux.com> wrote:

=>I am having an interesting problem with omniORBpy.  I have about 27
=>different CORBA objects that each have a server process on the system.
=>These servers contain a factory for each object and the actual objects
=>implementation.  For some reason when I start these servers up I get 6
=>python processes per server.  So I end up having a lot of extra
=>processes laying around.  Has anyone experienced this and have any idea
=>how I can resolve the issue.  Thanks a lot
=>
=>Jared Peterson
=>
=>