[omniORB] Python Servers

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:21:33 +0100

On Monday 21 August, Jared Lee Peterson wrote:

> I am having an interesting problem with omniORBpy.  I have about 27
> different CORBA objects that each have a server process on the system.
> These servers contain a factory for each object and the actual objects
> implementation.  For some reason when I start these servers up I get 6
> python processes per server.  So I end up having a lot of extra
> processes laying around.  Has anyone experienced this and have any idea
> how I can resolve the issue.  Thanks a lot

You must be using Linux. This question comes up every so often. On
Linux, threads are implemented as processes which share an address
space. What you are seeing are the separate threads in each server
process. A give-away sign is that they all have exactly the same size
and resident set size.

Don't worry about it.