[omniORB] Python Servers

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 13:28:00 -0400

Jared Lee Peterson wrote:

> I am having an interesting problem with omniORBpy.  I have about 27
> different CORBA objects that each have a server process on the system.
> These servers contain a factory for each object and the actual objects
> implementation.  For some reason when I start these servers up I get 6
> python processes per server.  So I end up having a lot of extra
> processes laying around.  Has anyone experienced this and have any idea
> how I can resolve the issue.  Thanks a lot

Let me guess: you are using linux and you made your observation with
'ps' or 'top'.
What you see are the individual threads, not processes. This is due to
linux' thread implementation or better the lack of kernel support for it.

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal