[omniORB] omniORB 3.0.1 is released.

Bryan C. Smith bsmith@larocquetrading.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:13:52 -0500

When compiling on winnt v4, sp6 with vc6, I get these link errors while
trying to statically link w/ omniorb (for omnithreadd.lib, omniORB3d.lib, &
msvcstubd.lib):

1. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
omni_tracedmutex::unlock(void)" (?unlock@omni_tracedmutex@@QAEXXZ)
2. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
omni_tracedmutex::lock(void)" (?lock@omni_tracedmutex@@QAEXXZ)
3. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class
omni_tracedmutex & __cdecl omni::nilRefLock(void)"
(?nilRefLock@omni@@SAAAVomni_tracedmutex@@XZ)

I did not have these prior to the minor update release.  Is there something
I'm missing?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Sai-Lai Lo
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 11:44 AM
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: [omniORB] omniORB 3.0.1 is released.

Dear omniORB users,

omniORB 3.0.1 is now released. This is a minor update to 3.0.0.

The list of changes can be found here:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB_3/ReleaseNote_omniORB_301.htm

There are 2 main reasons for this release:

1. Bug fixes. In particular, win32 users are strongly recommended to update
   to this version because of bug 16 in omniORB 3.0.0
     (http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/bug300.html)

2. A stub library of COS (common object services) IDLs is added. This is in
   preparation for a soon-to-be released COS service.

Pre-built binaries for the supported platforms are available at the usual
place.

Enjoy,

Sai-Lai

--