[omniORB] omniORB-to-omniORB over internet

Brecht Vermeulen Brecht.Vermeulen@rug.ac.be
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:57:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

> Has anyone implemented an omniORB server which has requests made upon
> it by a JavaIDL applet/application on a client?  I am wanting to do
> this but the main problem is that unless the JavaIDL ORB can send its
> requests to the omniORB ORB using HTTP, the requests will not get
> through client-end firewalls.  We are trying to create software that

Well, some vendors have products to overcome this, e.g. Iona has
Wonderwall which is basically a proxy through which all request pass and
in which the IOR is changed. Visigenic has also a product for that
purpose I once read.

I don't know if this works with omniORB too and I don't know of any
freeware tools.

best regards,
Brecht Vermeulen

Brecht Vermeulen

Department of Information Technology (INTEC)
Ghent University - IMEC
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41
B-9000 Gent
Belgium