[omniORB] omniORB-to-omniORB over internet

Ben Miller Ben.Miller@Mercia.Com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:33:24 +0100

Hi all,

Has anyone implemented an omniORB server which has requests made upon
it by a JavaIDL applet/application on a client?  I am wanting to do
this but the main problem is that unless the JavaIDL ORB can send its
requests to the omniORB ORB using HTTP, the requests will not get
through client-end firewalls.  We are trying to create software that
works in this way and is installed at customer sites with the least
amount of maintenance possible.  Our client and server machines are
Windows x86 (for now), but we hope to port the server -side code to
Unix in the future.

I realise that this is a large, multi-facetted issue, but any ideas?

Regards,
Ben Miller

Mercia Software Ltd.
Mercia House