[omniORB] Starting a CORBA server on a machine with multiple network IP's.

Theo Aukerman taukerman@logici.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:25:42 -0800

When the orb creates a socket, if it does not specify which interface, the
TCP stack selects one.  So far I have not figured out how to arrange a
specific order.

In the past (on other projects) I've added the ability to select which
interface to bind to.

omniORB supports controlling which interface to bind to using the
OMNIORB_USEHOSTNAME environment variable.  You can have the program set the
environment variable using _putenv() before calling ORB_init() and/or
BOA_init() if you wish.

If you need to communicate through all 3 interfaces, things could get a
little tricky.  You might be able to accomplish this by having a server on
each interface where 2 of the servers simply pass through requests to the
3rd which contains the actual implementation.  (Interesting issue, anyone
have any other ideas?)

Theo