[omniORB] Starting a CORBA server on a machine with multiple network IP's.

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:37:13 +0100

--------------903D4504B2487C75F4202D7F

Surely this is not an orb matter! This is a matter for the lower layers (TCP/IP
stack).
You have to specify these things in your route. Use "route print" from the
command prompt to inspect your current settings.
You can specify interfaces to certain netnumbers or ip-addresses.

- Haarek Ryeng

Mike Bendickson wrote:

> Our server has 3 network adapters.  One for the LAN and 2 others for private
> networks.  I am unable to connect to my CORBA server on this system using
> the IOR.  I think it's because the IOR contains IP of one of the private
> networks and not the LAN IP.  How does it decide which one to use?  We're on
> NT 4.0.  The network adapters are numbered.  Does it pick the first one?

--------------903D4504B2487C75F4202D7F

begin:vcard
adr;dom:;;;N-1322 HØVIK;;;
n:Ryeng;Hårek
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Data Respons AS
version:2.1
email;internet:haarek.ryeng@datarespons.no
title:M.sci (computers & signal processing)
tel;fax:67112050
tel;home:90196734
tel;work:67112071
x-mozilla-cpt:;0