[omniORB] multiple omniNames instances

Jonathan Gallmeier jonathan@arlut.utexas.edu
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:09:58 -0600

Bruce,

Does this mean that I can use the genior utility to generate the IORs
used
in the rebind_context instead of copying the IORs generated by omniNames
from
each machine? What I'm really asking is whether or not the IOR is unique
for a given
IP address and port.

May I also ask another simple clarification question: In your nameclt
example, you
listed:

  nameclt -advanced bind_context foo.names IOR:...

Is the omniNames root context bound as a <machine name>.names context?
Is foo a machine name
here or is it otherwise?

again, thanks for your help.

jonathan

Bruce Visscher wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> Just to clarify: It shouldn't matter if the names within the other name
> server changes.  It only matters if its root IOR changes.  This should
> only occur if you move it to a different port or change the IP address.
> In that case, you would need to do a rebind_context.
>
> I agree that this would probably be a better option for your situation.
>
> HTH,
>
> Bruce Visscher

Jonathan Gallmeier                | We act a though comfort and luxury
were
email : jonathan@arlut.utexas.edu | chief ingredients of happiness, when
all
office: (512) 835-3812            | we really wanted was something to be
FAX   : (512) 835-3808            | excited about. - Anonymous