[omniORB] multiple omniNames instances

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:59:15 -0500

Jonathan Gallmeier wrote:
> I'll try the bind_context suggestion. My Naming Service tree should not
> change much, since
> my system is essentially a semi-real time remote data acquisition system
> where data must be
> shared among machines -- implying that all my servers and clients should
> *always* be running.

Jonathan,

Just to clarify: It shouldn't matter if the names within the other name
server changes.  It only matters if its root IOR changes.  This should
only occur if you move it to a different port or change the IP address.
In that case, you would need to do a rebind_context.

I agree that this would probably be a better option for your situation.

HTH,

Bruce Visscher