[omniORB] omniNames memory leak (sorta)

Tristan Richardson tjr@uk.research.att.com
01 Nov 1999 10:23:49 +0000

Michael Loftis <zop12@mindless.com> writes:

> omniNames appears to leak memory.  the context objects never get deleted
> when they are unbound.  This also has the effect that they get re-created
> at the next startup because of the create ... lines in the logfile.

As far as I understand it this is the correct behaviour.  Just because a
context is unbound doesn't mean some client doesn't have a reference to
it, and is about to rebind it somewhere else.  However, practically
speaking it would be nice if there was a way to automatically clean up
such orphaned contexts.

Cheers

Tristan

Tristan Richardson   tjr@uk.research.att.com   www.uk.research.att.com/~tjr
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge, 24a Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1QA, UK
Tel: +44 1223 343000      Fax: +44 1223 313542      www.uk.research.att.com