[omniORB] omniNames memory leak (sorta)

Michael Loftis zop12@mindless.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 06:55:55 -0700 (MST)

On 1 Nov 1999, Tristan Richardson wrote:

> Michael Loftis <zop12@mindless.com> writes:
>
> As far as I understand it this is the correct behaviour.  Just because a
> context is unbound doesn't mean some client doesn't have a reference to
> it, and is about to rebind it somewhere else.  However, practically
> speaking it would be nice if there was a way to automatically clean up
> such orphaned contexts.

Maybe that's a project for me....  It seems simple enough, but then again
so does everything until one does anything about it.  I suppose what will
need to be done is implement some sort of reference count checking
mechanism before an object gets deleted.

:shrug:

Then again I'm still much too fuzzy on the ORB internal workings to be
sure that'd work properly.