[omniORB] Using third party Event service

Andrew Stitcher astitcher@orchestream.com
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:16:44 +0000

Martin wrote:

> Resolving and narrowing of this service is no problem. But when I try to
> access this object (e.g. eventChannel->for_consumers()), I get an error
> message:
>
> Debug Assertion failed
> File: dbgheap.c
> Line: 1011
> Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)
>
> When I execute the same file in the "Release"-Environment, everything is
> working fine: my PushConsumer receives everything from my PushSupplier.

This is a general problem that I have seen before with VC/C++5
(probably 6 as well). It seems to mean that you have actually mixed
debugging and release DLLs in your executable. In this case I would
guess that you are linking in the release omniORB DLLs with your
debugging executable.

Generally the cause is that somehow you have got two different memory
alloocators being used in your program and you have just passed
memory allocated by one to be freed by another.

Hope this helps.

Andrew